Wednesday, January 28, 2009

In the mountains

I took these photos in a small mountain village called “Sinanovići” where I spent my weekend with my husband and our friends. This little village is nested in our famous Olympic mountain Bjelašnica, only about 50 km away from Sarajevo. There was no any snow on Saturday and the nature was looking so sad, dark and almost depressive. Some places were in fog all the time, and I don’t like fog at all. But Sunday morning was dawn with snow. The scenery was completely different and more beautiful with white fresh snow all around. The most of our time there we spent in long walks and playing on the snow. It was fun and I can say that I had a good time.










8 comments:

Kerri Farley said...

Oh it looks like such a lovely area! Much like the rural areas around here. So glad you had a nice time!!

ELK said...

thank you for sharing these images, such a treat! is that your dog?

I like the photos showing the valley the best

The Good Life in Virginia said...

what a lovely series of shots of the countryside...a beautiful area...the valley, the stream/river and the snow covered mountains. just beautiful.
have a wonderful weekend.

always

erin

Luiz Santilli Jr said...

Hi Medam,

Wonderful landscape!
I liked this views very much, they are so different of my country, Brazil!

Luiz

Michele said...

It's so beautiful! I can smell the fresh air!!
I am so surprised there was no snow up there and the water was not frozen over with ice!
That is good. Looks so wonderful.
A very nice photography pictures!!!
(Hug)

Pietro Brosio said...

Wonderful mountain landscapes, Medam!
I like the photo of the group of friends and the lake, and all the other images which are so picturesque, with a great atmosphere!

Lara said...

so beautiful! sometimes I really think nature is one: the same spectacular views in Romania and in Austria. I hope one day I come to Bosnia too!

myonlyphoto said...

Beautiful images Medam, what a nice get away. Anna :)