Friday, November 9, 2007

Night visitor

Last night I noticed a cat in my garden observing something with great curios. I had to see what that was.
It was a little hedgehog probably looking for food. I quickly went into the house and grabbed my camera. I had to get myself below a rose bush in order to take a photo. I took many of them but there was only one I could say that it turned out well. My sons went out to see „where was burning“ :-) and saw me in my trying to take a photo of hedgehog and they were laughing at me. They found it so strange and funny.




10 comments:

Andrea said...

Very nice!
This is the best when you have a digital camera:to see the situation and to take the picture.
And hedgehog is very nice small animal:I like them.
Bye

photowannabe said...

I have never seen a hedgehog in real life so I find this fascinating. Thanks for getting under the rose bush to photograph it.
Sue

Anonymous said...

animals are so nice and cute! I think I saw a hedgehog only once...

GMG said...

Beautiful photos and great colours on this blog. And an amazing night picture for us to enjoy during weekend. Great choice!
Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Ha! I'm amazed the cat didn't go after it!

Anonymous said...

What a great story, I love your little hedgehog!

Do you see them often? In France you tend to see them mostly by the side of roads, when they get run over by cars. How sad!

curryegg said...

wow.... hedgehog looks like that? I will not see it in my country since. Maybe I will only see it in the zoo...

And how are you medam? Hope that you have a great time!

^^

Oswegan said...

Hedgehogs are cool.

~Oswegan

Bergson said...

It is very rare to take hedgehogs in photograph.

You days before all the night or you seek the cat

Kerri Farley said...

I have never seen a hedgehog before. I am surprised that the kitty didn't try to get it -- but VERY glad he didn't. Great shot!!!